Each piece of solid wood that we use is hand selected to ensure surface quality, consistency in tone, and grain pattern. We use only kiln-dried, pre-graded solid wood for our platform frames, decorative moldings, cabinet face frames, and door stile and rail.
We use only ¾” thick, A-grade hardwood plywood to construct our Murphy bed cabinets, side storage cabinets, and headboards. We use this material because it has several key advantages; strength, durability, versatility, and environmental responsibility.
Hardwood plywood is, pound for pound, stronger than steel in static bending strength. It is extremely durable and there are examples of plywood furniture that has lasted for hundreds of years.
Hardwood plywood can be used in various sizes and shapes without worrying about checking or splitting, making it tremendously versatile. But probably most importantly, hardwood plywood is one of the most environmentally responsible products available.
- Solidly constructed with a kiln-dried, solid poplar platform frame and a ¾” thick, A-grade plywood cabinet.
- Murphy bed face features real, solid maple wood doors, constructed with mortise and tenon joinery.
- Patented, state-of-the-art lift mechanism makes operation nearly effortless and extremely fluid.
- All parts are finished by hand which helps to enrich the wood’s natural colors and grain patterns.
- Real hardwood veneers with smooth surfaces and consistent color tones.
- Solid wood maple base and crown molding is standard.
- The headboard is constructed with dowel and pocket joinery.
- Each unit features two elegant canister lights to illuminate the inside of the bed when in use. Three adjustable levels allow you to choose the best setting for your needs. A safety cutoff switch ensures that the lights will never be left on when the bed is closed.
All our Murphy Beds are easily assembled and installed. Assembly and installation usually takes less than an hour for two people.
Our state-of-the-art piston lift system makes opening and closing our Murphy beds nearly effortless and extremely fluid. Each bed carries a limited lifetime warranty and is rated for 10,000 cycles.